Tag: Nepean River
Stillness Of The Morn
A Favourite Spot!
A favourite spot I (we) like to go to relax is only about 8 minutes drive from where we live. The Nepean River wanders through the Camden District (N.S.W. Australia) and it is at its widest going through Camden.
There exists a lot there to please people and caters for a diverse amount of interests. You can:
- Have a leisurely walk on man-made paths or go off-track
- Kayak/Canoe up and down the river
- Go for a quick dip (no sand on the bank, though)
- Ride your bike along a designated Bike track
- Sit by the river with a book
- Sketch, Paint, Photograph
- Play ball games with your friends and family
- Exercise in a number of ways
- Take your children to the permanent Play equipment or kick a ball
- Just relax
We use it to go and relax, go for a walk and other things. I’ve been down there to sit and read, walk, sketch, paint or just sit and relax. When Susan comes with me she will either take a book or Crotchet.
Our most recent visit was just to sit and relax on one of the benches by the river. We were joined by i/2 dozen Lizards, a few Ducks and cooling breeze on a hot day for an hour or so. We are certainly blessed to have such a place so near to us.
Till next time!
Written by David johnson
16 February 2022